It’s a pretty pink birthday party for ballerinas with items sponsored by Kiesse’s Kids. They got you covered with birthday supplies that feature Black children on them. Here are some inspirational ideas to pull off an event such as this on a budget. Most of the decorations and candy were purchased for under $100. The cost of the items with the ballerina depends on how many guests you have. We even let you in on how to make the cupcake stand that we have as the centerpiece for the shoot. The cupcakes came right from the local supermarket.
Birthdays on a Budget
Make A Tutu Cupcake Centerpiece
• Straight pins
• Decorative paper
• Floral styrofoam flat round
• Floral styrofoam cake round
1. Trace the styrofoam rounds, which I purchased from Michael’s Arts & Crafts, on the decorative paper to make a doily for the top of the rounds.
2. Start pinning the tulle around the flat round edge that will be the bottom part using the straight pins to create pleats. Push the pins all the way into the styrofoam at an angle.
3. Once you are done. Use the remaining tulle to stretch around the smaller cake round. Add ribbon to cover the pins, if necessary.
4. Put the bottom doily on the bottom flat round. Partially push the toothpicks into the styrofoam underneath the cake round and push the exposed toothpicks into the bottom flat round to hold them together.
5. Add the decorative doilies to the top and add cupcakes.